Sunday 13 December 2015

December Armada at Bathurst

Some photos from the Star Wars: Armada tournament held at Bathurst on the 12th of December. These are all from my games - there were twelve players participating, including four from the newly dubbed Task Force Orange.




Game One: My Rebels vs Ken from Parramatta Attack Wing's Rebels.


Ken took 3 Assault Frigates and 5 A-Wings including Tycho. My list is "Garm's Alphabet Soup", and consists of one Assault Frigate, 2 Neb-B Support, and 2 Corvette As.

I choose to go second, and Ken chose the bad thing that happened to him: Superior positions. He deployed first, swinging to his right, and I deployed to counter him, swinging to my right.



This is the start of turn 2 - my force is moving rapidly, and turning towards Ken's frigates. He has Akbar, and is looking forward to many red dice...

 
This is the start of turn 3. I cannot work out for the life of me why this photo refuses to rotate to the left. I blame those blasted Imperials. Anyway, I deployed Tucho Celchu to the front of my fighters, and Ken's A-Wings jumped all over him - but from FIVE squadrons of shooting, Tycho lived. My X-Wings then jumped in, and rapidly shot the A-Wings to bits.
 
This must be the start of turn 4. My flankers are rapidly closing on that Assault frigate, and my fighters are victorious against the A-Wings. My bombers are forming up near the frigate, ready to engage Ken's aggressive ship...


*** MISSING PHOTO - START OF TURN 5 - BLASTED IMPERIAL HACKERS ***




This is the start of turn 6. My bombers have not been particularly effective against the Assault Frigate, especially with my own Frigate moving away from the engagement to hide behind some rocks. One of Ken's beasts has been blown to bits, and I have lost a corvette and a Neb-B. Sigh.

This game was concluded with a 70 point margin in my favour, thanks to destroying the A-Wings, and gaining 2 victory tokens.

A good game.

Thanks to Ken!

(Two more battles to come - in time!)



Lessons to learn:

I should have sent all the bombers, etc, at the Assault Frigates in front of me, rather than leaving them behind. Once I had fighter superiority, I should have pressed the advantage.

Russian Military Doctrine: Reinforce Success!












No comments:

Post a Comment