Tuesday 20 November 2018

2018 Australian Armada National Championships - Day One

Australian Armada National Championships were held in Brisbane on 17/18 November 2018. I always enjoy Nationals, and spent my annual gaming budget on the plane tickets (there is a turbo-prop service from Orange to Brisbane direct).

My list went through several developments before this tournament - but always focusing on MSU, with either six or seven activations.

Eventually I settled on:

4 CR90As with TRCs and Engine Techs (one with Jaina's Light, one with Rieekan)
2 GR75 transports, one with Slicer Tools and Quantum Storm.
3 X-Wings
2 VCXs (for strategic)
and Jan Ors for the Braces and Intel to keep the VCXs doing their thing.

My missions were Most Wanted, Fire Lanes, and Sensor Net.

No-one chose Sensor Net. Fire Lanes and Most Wanted were chosen fairly equally - of seven games I was first player twice (I chose my opponents Station Assault and Planetary Ion Cannons). My Fire Lanes was chosen three times, and Most Wanted Twice.

The "naked" transport is for Most Wanted purposes.

I had a bid of 0.


Here are some video clips of the games - they are short, the sound gets progressively better, but the narration is inherently flawed, but I am not going to re-say all the things I said wrong. I've added captions here and there to make it clearer what I ought to have said, or was trying to say.


Game One against Steve



Game Two against Jeremy



Game Three against Chris



Game Four against Ken



I ended day one in 6th position - so I made the cut of top 8 and got to play again the next day for ULTIMATE GLORY.



No comments:

Post a Comment