Tuesday 2 July 2019

Rieekan Seven vs Ozzel - Sensor Net

 The second outing for the Rieekan Seven (plus Tycho) was against Theo, flying a Cymoon (Xi7s, Gunnery Teams, Dual Turbolaser Turrets, Strat Adv), Quasar, Raider (ex racks, sensor teams), and two Gozantis with comms net. His fighters were Howlrunner, Mauler, and 4 Generic Interceptors.

Both at 400 - Theo won the toss and elected to go first. He looked at the objectives and chose Sensor Net - which is fair as I don't have Strategic Squadrons.
 We placed the tokens and deployed. Theo had the last drop, so I deployed cautiously. I regret my deployment of Jaina's Light (the one facing right). I should have put them all in a neater line, but such is life.

Start of turn 2, and Theo used his Strategic Adviser, so I flung Quantum Storm forwards to gum up the Quasar's order... but this wasn't really a problem - the squadron ball wasn't really going to be a huge threat to me at this point. But I did it anyway. Everything else moved up with various levels of speed in order to trap the ISD. The other slicer tool moved up to annoy the ISD, expecting to be shot to pieces, but instead the ISD took shots at Quantum Storm (and failed to get the Accuracy) and one of the Corvettes (Minor damage - Cymoons NEED Vader IMHO) - the ISD instead rammed the Transport to stay in place and avoid getting shot by multiple Corvettes.

 Start of turn 3, and the damaged Corvette (on the left) is there to draw the Raider shot so the other one can escape, but the ISD goes first destroying the Corvette centered on the Quasar (which is Rieekan'd). The ISD rams the Bright Hope transport again. So I move the left front Corvette, taking shots at the ISD and Raider (though the ISD is the main target of my assaults). The Raider then finishes off the Transport, so I slicer tool the Quasar. Jaina's Light takes the token on the right and comes roaring into the battle.

This is just a zoomed in view of Turn 3. Tycho is on the Station, waiting his moment of glory.
The Rieekan corvette does some serious damage to the Quasar, then ducks around the back to stop the Gozanti ramming Quantum Storm to death. I double rammed the Gozanti, expecting it to have to ram me in its turn and die, but instead Theo just dropped it to speed 0. Of course, that level of arrogance had to be dealt with, so Jaina's Light lined up a side arc through obstructions to kill it next turn.

Start of turn 4, and the tokens are building for me - even without the Strategic squads I'm getting more of them because I have more activations and can move the tokens further to my not-yet-activated ships. I did not do this perfectly (I'm rusty) so I probably missed out on another 3 tokens over the course of the game.

The Quasar activated first so the Squads did some limited damage to the Corvette behind the ISD, but it lived. Then the Quasar shot and rammed the corvette before it to death (Rieekan'd).
I went first with Jaina's Light to kill the Gozanti and almost finish the Quasar. My Rieekan'd Corvette rammed the Quasar to death, then ET'd into the ISD, then died.

 Start of turn 5 and I still have 3 Corvettes going (Rieekan's Flag is the middle of the three Corvettes).

There is some shooting, and the now heavily damaged Corvette in the shadow of the ISD goes down. (Rieekan'd, double ram, etc).

 Start of turn 6, and Jaina's Light does the damage to finish the ISD, but not before being Rieekan'd.
I had dreams of a perfect role to kill the Raider with Ozzel on board, but it did not happen.

Tycho had jumped from safety to put a shot into the ISD, and went down to Theo's Squads.


  End of turn 6 - only Rieekan's flag and Bright Hope survive. The Raider, squads, and a Gozanti for Theo.

I had 4 more tokens than Theo, which was enough to get me a 6 point win (6/5). Well, Theo did the maths, and I didn't have the brain space to check it, but he's pretty good on the addition and subtraction side of things.

A good game, and a good bit of training for the Rieekan Seven (and Tycho!)








1 comment:

  1. Nicely described battle. Sounded like fun for all

    ReplyDelete