Tuesday 19 February 2019

800 POINTS OF FUN!

19/2/19

A regular Armada night at my place, but this time with some new faces. Josh and Rory came round for a game. We decided to put all our stuff on the table and see what happened (well, not all our stuff). We played 800 points a side.

My list started out as 400 points, six ships, no squads. The 800 point is ten ships, no squads. Ackbar in command.

 Rory and Josh brought Star Destroyers (4 ISDs), and Interdictor, a Gladiator, and a Goz. They had 8 activations with the adviser, I had eleven. I also won the roll (we both had 799 points) and chose to go first. I picked "Advanced Gunnery" since all my things had Gunnery Teams except the MC80.

I deployed facing to my right, with a plan to head for the short end fo the table, and oblige the Star Destroyers to come into my guns one at a time. 








 Start of Round Two and my Assault Frigate has jumped forward ready to put some shots on the AG ISDKuat and the Gladiator, but the Gladiator hung back and took no shots. Instead my AF waited until later in the turn. It took some hits from the Kuat, but survived happily. Also, the Gladiator just missed range on the AF2. My torpedo frigate held back until the Gladiator had activated so it could jump into perfect position on the following turn.

Turn 3 and my Torpedo Frigate is lined up against the Demolisher. It's a Scout Frigate, with TRCs, OE, ExRacks. And Ackbar. Never forget Ackbar.

And here's the roll. Thanks to Montferrat it was obstructed, so I dropped a red. Home One gave the needed accuracy to block the brace. ExRacks and OE and CF dial means 6 black dice. 13 damage. Demolisher = Dead.

 Turn 3 from the other end of the table. Ackbar is on the Corvette closest to screen, heading away from danger. He is worth more to the Rebellion alive!


Start of turn 4 - My MC75 has taken a real beating, but now activates first and finishes the AG ISD which is on very low hull.

Start of turn 5. We called it after a few activations here - the ISD heading into the camera knocked out the flotillas, but was then finished by the MC80 AC in the corner at long range, and the AF2.
The other ISDs would not have been able to engage effectively, heading piece-meal into my broadsides.


All in all, we had a great game - we played to a conclusion in under three hours - though it certainly helped that there were only two squadrons on the table. Perhaps that is what larger games of Armada require?

Home One was invaluable, handing out accuracies to my Gunnery Team broadsiders. I did mess us the MC80s orders here and there - giving far too many Repair orders. I should have thrown it forward into the battle more aggressively, or let it sit still at the rear of my formation as a heavy anchor.

I was able to flank the enemy formation effectively, and oblige them to turn into my guns.

It was a real joy to have so many ships on the table. I look forwards to more "big games"

No comments:

Post a Comment