Friday 11 May 2018

Rieekan Reluctantly Regrets Repeatedly Ramming Raddus

Friday night (11/5) I had a game with local nemesis (and wine-lover) Theo.

Theo is flying his ongoing Raddus dropping bomb - MC75 with Raddus Profundity, dropping a Flotilla with rapid launch bays, then bringing in a MC80 with rapid launch bays and B-Wings of various kinds.

 On this occasion Theo went first, chose Most Wanted, and deployed the MC75 facing sideways.
I deployed all of my fleet - 4 TRC90s with extra speed card thing - Rieekan on a CR90B, and a squad base - 2 VCX, 1 Wedge Antilles, 1 YT2400, and 2 Lancers - yes, Lancers. I've had them in the box for a while, painted up nice, and decided to put them on the table.
Rieekan's ship is on the right...

 At the end of turn 1, I'm heading towards the MC75 nice and spread out to try and limit the MC80 drop.

 Theo dropped with two corvettes in the medium range of the Cruiser. He then activated the flotilla, dropped 2 squadrons and killed a Lancer straight up.


 I activated a Corvette, used a squadron order to move Wedge into a blocking position, and then navigated using Engine Techs into the front arc.
The Cruiser activated and destroyed the other corvette. I Rieeken'd it, but had made a mistake - I had given it a CF instead of Nav, so it could not maneuver sufficiently to ram the Cruiser - so instead it rammed the MC75.


 Round 3, and Theo activates the Cruiser, sent the bombers after the Corvette in front, and killed it dead. I Rieekan'd it, planning to double ram the Cruiser, but instead I had a brain-fart, and decided to double ram the Flotilla, thinking I could block it in place and have it die.

This was stupid and wrong.

Turn 4, and the Cruiser is still alive, through it will die this turn thanks to some extra ramming. If I'd been able to ram it properly it could have died in turn 3...
Meanwhile, my squadrons rolled terribly, and only managed to kill a single B-Wing all game - but lost almost all of mine.



In turn 5 my Flagship completely failed to kill Bright Hope, and flew away.

In turn 6 the heavily damaged Corvette died to squadrons, Rieekan'd, then rammed the flotilla.


The game ended poorly - I failed to kill the Most Wanted, and lost my fighter wing (except 1 VCX), and 4 Corvettes.

Not the Task Forces finest hour - but lessons were learnt.

Next time!

There's always a next time.



No comments:

Post a Comment